Before agreeing to medical treatment there are some questions you should consider asking Police Health and your health provider. It's important to ensure that you select the best treatment option and check that you are covered under your policy.
Questions for the hospital
- Does Police Health have an agreement with the hospital?
- Am I covered 100% for my hospital accommodation?
- Will there be any out-of-own-pocket expenses?
Questions for the doctor or specialist
- What is their fee?
- Is their fee covered under my private health insurance or is there a gap?
- Are they willing to use Access Gap Cover to reduce my out-of-pocket expenses?
- Who else will be involved in my treatment and are their fees covered by my health insurance?
- Will there be multiple bills or just one?
- What are my total costs going to be?
- What is the Medicare Benefits Schedule item number for the treatment?
Questions for Police Health
- Am I covered for the procedure or service under my policy cover?
- Do I have to pay an excess and if so how much?
- Does my policy cover all the fees for the treatment?
- If there are extras to pay who do I pay them to?