If policing was an ordinary job,
we’d be an ordinary health fund.
But it’s not,
and that’s why you have us.
We believe we’re the best health insurer for police and their families because:
- We’re Australia’s only private health insurer run by police for police. Looking out for each other extends beyond the job. We want to ensure that our policing families are healthy and secure.
- Designed specifically for the policing community.
- For over 80 years we have been a not-for-profit health insurer with straightforward products, ensuring our members receive the best health cover at the best possible price.
- We keep it simple. You only have to choose between our comprehensive extras, hospital or both.
- We’re rated highly among our members for customer satisfaction, with a score of over 99%*.
- We’re managed by a team of health insurance professionals under the direction of a Board of Directors drawn from both police and health insurance backgrounds.
- Freedom to choose your preferred hospital, doctor and any other service provider, such as your physiotherapist and dentist, as long as the provider is recognised with us.
- We cover over 50,000 members of the policing community across Australia.
Can I join?
Police Health is a restricted access health insurer primarily for:
- Current employees of a State, Territory or Federal police department or service.
- Current employees of a State, Territory or Federal police union or association.
- Former police and employees of police services or associations in Australia who resigned or retired after 1 January 2001. (Please note: employees of SAPOL prior to 2001 are eligible to join).
- Partners (spouse or de facto), former partners, dependent children and adult children (as well as partners and dependent children of adult children) are also eligible.